Brand Name: Tigi
Strength: 50 mg
Tigi Injection (Tigecycline) is an Antibiotic and Anti Cancer Medicine that fights against bacteria and provide protection in the body. It kills sensitive bacteria.
This injection is widely used to treat different bacterial infections of the digestive system, skin and pneumonia.
Common Side Effects:
- Abnormal liver function
- Diarrhea or loose stools (Yogurt or probiotics may help)
- Feeling of throwing up or vomiting
- Irritation at the place where the shot is given
- Stomach pain
- Upset stomach (Small meals with good mouth care, sugar-free candy, sucking hard, or sugar-free gum may help)
When to Call Your Doctor At Once:
You should call your doctor in once when you experience the following side effects or symptoms:
- Severe stomach pain
- Diarrhea with watery or bloody stool
- Increased pressure in the brain (ringing in your ears, dizziness, severe headache, nausea, vision problems)
- Pancreas problems (severe pain in upper part of the stomach spreading to the back, vomiting, nausea, fast heart rate)
- Liver problems (itching, jaundice tired feeling, nausea, upper stomach pain, dark urine, loss of appetite, clay-colored stools)
How Does It Work?
It works by harming the bacteria and fighting against the infection.
How To Use It?
Tigi is available as a solution for injection that is administered into the vein by a reliable healthcare provider. The suggested dosage is 100 mg, and then followed by 50 mg every 12 hours.
What Should You Do If You Miss A Dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as remember it. You can skip the missed dose, if it is the time of your next dose. Do not take the missed dose with another dose at the same time or extra doses. In addition, never change the dosage time or quantity without consulting the doctor.
What Precautions Should You Follow While Taking This Medication:
If you are allergic to tigecycline or any other ingredient of this drug, always inform your doctor. Always ensure to tell about the allergic reactions or allergies you had. From rashes, itching, hives, wheezing, swelling of face, shortness of breath to any other sign, inform your doctor about every single allergy. Moreover, if you are pregnant or planning to conceive, talk to your physician.
When Should You Seek Medical Help?
If there is an overdose of the drug, call immediately your doctor. In addition, call your health expert, if you experience any sign of reaction to the drug like:
- Bad cough
- Bad skin irritation
- Blue or gray color of the skin
- Chest tightness
- Swelling of tongue, face, lips, or throat
- Very loose stools (diarrhea)
- Very upset stomach
Can You Mix Tigecycline With Other Medicines:
Taking or mixing other drugs or food with this medicine is not safe at all. They can cause bad side effects. Therefore, make sure to talk to your health expert or doctor before taking any other drug during the treatment.
Food To Restrict:
How To Store It:
Store in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children
210, Shiv Plaza, Railway Crossing Road, Kandivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400067, India