- General Medicines
- Simplifies Digestion
- 250 mg
- As directed by the physician
- Suitable For All
- Room temperature
Productname : Enbios
Manufacturer : Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Saccharomyces boulardii isa yeast, which is a type of fungus. Saccharomyces boulardii was previouslyidentified as a unique species of yeast. But now it is believed to be a strainof Saccharomyces cerevisiae (baker's yeast). Saccharomyces boulardii is used asmedicine.
Saccharomyces boulardii is most commonly used for treating and preventing diarrhea, including infectious types such asrotaviral diarrhea in children, diarrhea caused by gastrointestinal (GI)take-over (overgrowth) by "bad" bacteria in adults, traveler'sdiarrhea, and diarrhea associated with tube feedings. It is also used to prevent and treat diarrhea caused by the use of antibiotics.
How does it work?
Saccharomycesboulardii is called a "probiotic," a friendly organism that helps to fight off disease-causing organisms in the gut such as bacteria and yeast.
- Diarrhea in people taking antibiotics. Research shows that Saccharomyces boulardii can help prevent diarrhea in adults and children being treated with antibiotics. For every 9-13 patients treated with Saccharomyces boulardii during treatment with antibiotics, one fewer will develop antibiotic-related diarrhea.
- Diarrhea. Research shows that Saccharomyces boulardii can prevent diarrhea in people with feeding tubes. It also helps reduce the length of time that acute diarrhea persists in infants and children by about 12 hours to 1 day. Saccharomyces boulardii also seems to shorten the duration of diarrhea in children with persistent diarrhea.
Side Effects & Safety
Children. Saccharomyces boulardii is POSSIBLY SAFE for children when taken by mouth appropriately. However, diarrhea in childrenshould be evaluated by a healthcare professional before using Saccharomycesboulardii.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking Saccharomyces boulardii if you are pregnant or breast feeding.Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Weakened immune system: There is some concern that taking Saccharomycesboulardii might cause fungemia, which is the presence of yeast in the blood.The actual number of cases of Saccharomyces boulardii-related fungemia is hard to determine. However, the risk seems to be greatest for people who are very sick or who have weakened immune systems. In particular, people with catheters,those receiving tube feeding, and those being treated with multiple antibiotics or antibiotics that work on a wide variety of infections seem to be mostat-risk. In many cases, fungemia resulted from catheter contamination by air,environmental surfaces, or hands that have been contaminated with Saccharomycesboulardii.
- Cash in Advance (CID) Cash Advance (CA)
- 10000 Per Week
- 7-15 Days
- Australia Middle East Africa Central America South America Western Europe Asia Eastern Europe North America
- All India