Productname : Adbiron 250 mg
GenericName : Abiraterone Acetate Tablets
Manufacturer : Adley
Abiraterone acetate is the generic name for thetrade name drug ZytigaÃâÃÂ®. In some cases, health care professionals may use thetrade name ZytigaÃâÃÂ® when referring to the generic drug name abiraterone acetate.
WhatAbiraterone Acetate is Used For:
- Abiraterone acetate is indicated for use in combination with prednisone for the treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who have already received prior chemotherapy containing docetaxel.
HowAbiraterone Acetate is Given:
- Abiraterone acetate is a pill, taken by mouth. It is taken once a day.
- It must be taken on an empty stomach [2 hours after a meal, or one hour before]
- It should be taken at approximately the same time each day.
AbirateroneAcetate Side Effects:
Important things toremember about the side effects of abiraterone acetate:
- Most people will not experience all of the abiraterone acetate side effects listed.
- Abiraterone acetate side effects are often predictable in terms of their onset, duration, and severity.
- Abiraterone acetate side effects are almost always reversible and will go away after therapy is complete.
How Abiraterone Acetate Works:
Hormones are chemical substances that are produced by glands inthe body, which enter the bloodstream and cause effects in other tissues. Theuse of hormone therapy to treat cancer is based on the observation thatreceptors for specific hormones that are needed for cell growth are on thesurface of some tumor cells. Hormone therapy can work by stopping theproduction of a certain hormone, blocking hormone receptors or substitutingchemically similar agents for the active hormone, which cannot be used by thetumor cell. Different types of hormone therapies are categorized by theirfunction and/or the type of hormone that is affected.
210, Shiv Plaza, Railway Crossing Road, Kandivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400067, India