- Normal Smell
- Body temperature
- 1 Years
Brand Name: Xeloda
Generic Name: Capecitabine
Strength: 500 mg
Quantity: 120 tabs per pack
What is Xeloda?
Xeloda (capecitabine) is an Anti Cancer Medicine used to stop the growth of cancer cells as well as slow down their spread in the body. It is widely used in the treatment of cancer of colon, breast or colorectal. In addition, it is also used with other cancer medications or radiation treatments.
When Not To Take Xeloda 500Mg Tablets?
You should never take this medicine if you are suffering from any serious kidney disease. Moreover, also avoid this medication in case of a metabolic disorder known as DPD (dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase) deficiency.
If you are having any blood thinner such as Warfarin, Jantoven, Coumadin, etc., you should need to perform "INR" or prothrombin time tests frequently. If you are using Xeloda with a blood thinner, it may enhance the risk of severe bleeding. Adults of more than 60 are more prone to this condition.
Before Taking This Medicine:
You should never take this anti cancer medicine in the given below conditions:
- If you are allergic to fluorouracil (Adrucil)
- If you are allergic to capecitabine
- If you have severe kidney disease
- If you have any metabolic disorder called DPD (dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase) deficiency
To ensure that Xeloda provides safe treatment to you, always inform your doctor in any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Bleeding or blood clotting like hemophilia
- Liver disease;
- Coronary artery disease
- If you are taking a blood thinner
- If you are pregnant as it may harm the unborn baby.
- Whether you are a man or a woman, always use birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking Xeloda. Also inform your doctor if a pregnancy occurs
- You should not breast-feed during the treatment with this medicine.
Xeloda 500Mg Tablets Side Effects:
- Difficult breathing
- Swelling on your face and lips
- Swelling on tongue or throat
- Fever more than 100.5 degrees
- Loss of appetite
- Eating much less than usual
- Vomiting for more than once in 24 hours
- Severe diarrhea for more than 4 times per day
- Blisters or ulcers in mouth
- Red or swollen gums
- Trouble swallowing
- Pain, tenderness or redness your hands or feet
- Swelling, blistering, or peeling skin
- Dehydration symptoms (unable to urinate, feeling very thirsty, hot and dry skin or heavy sweating)
- Heart problems (shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure, uneven heartbeats)
- Kidney problems (painful or difficult urination; little or no urinating; feeling tired)
- Liver problems (nausea, tired feeling, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, clay-colored stools, dark urine, jaundice)
- Low blood cell counts (cough, skin sores, fever, pale skin, easy bruising, bleeding, rapid heart rate)
- Severe skin reaction (swelling in face or tongue, fever, sore throat, burning in eyes, skin pain, skin rashes)
Common Side Effects:
- Mild skin rash
- Tingling in your hands or feet
- Stomach pain or upset
- Tired feeling
What To Do If You Miss A Dose Of Xeloda?
If you miss any dose, take the missed dose as soon as possible. You can skip the missed dose if the time of your next scheduled dose has reached. Never try to take any extra dose to balance the missed dose.
What Happens If You Overdose (Xeloda)?
Overdose of this medicine make cause diarrhea, fever, nausea, vomiting, blood in stools and coughing up blood. Hence, always seek medical help or attention instantly.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Xeloda 500Mg Tablets?
You should restrict some food or beverages. In addition, you should also stop doing some activities. Follow the instructions given by the doctor about any restrictions.
Other Drugs That Affect Xeloda:
To avoid the chances of any side effect of any other medicine, always inform your doctor about all the medications you use. Stop using the following medicines during your treatment with Xeloda:
- Heart or blood pressure medication
- Leucovorin (Wellcovorin)
- Oral diabetes medication
- Phenytoin (Dilantin)
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Celecoxib (Celebrex)
- Diclofenac (Voltaren, Flector Patch, Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Pennsaid, Solareze)
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
- Indomethacin (Indocin)
- Meloxicam (Mobic)
- Naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet)
- Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA)
- 10000 Per Week
- 15-20 Days
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- All India
210, Shiv Plaza, Railway Crossing Road, Kandivali West Mumbai Maharashtra India +918037301675